Today, we publish our brief guide to money and banking.
The Guide comprises:
- Four charts showing how Baxendale and Evans’ measure of the money supply correlates to economic activity whereas the Bank of England’s measures do not,
- How wealth is created,
- What is and is not money,
- What is wrong with the mechanistic Quantity Theory of Money,
- The role of the interest rate in the business cycle,
- How banking has become socialised through legal privilege and taxpayer guarantee,
- The shape of the debate on money and banking.