By kind permission of Morgan Stanley’s Caitlin Long, The Cobden Centre is delighted to publish their report, Inflation Uncertainty and Corporate Finance.
Some key points:
- Inflationary pressures are rising.
- A devaluing US Dollar produces rising commodity prices and devaluing pegged currencies in many emerging markets.
- The pendulum could swing back to deflation again.
- MIT’s Billion Prices Project shows US prices running at over 10% annualised.
- Commodity prices are at all-time highs.
- Food prices are key to inflation in emerging markets.
You can download the report here.